#33: How to be Aimless: Cultivating a life of Purpose with Dr. Eric Bean
The pressure of pursuing goals, achievement, and success can prevent us from deeply enjoying the process. Is it possible to have both? It depends on our ability to unlock joy in moments, even embracing a scary concept: Aimlessness. Learn how to strike a balance between being purpose-driven and utilizing aimlessness to your advantage in this Coaching Through Stories podcast episode with Dr. Eric Bean.
Freeing ourselves from the pressure of focusing on goals and achievements can help you unlock the value of joy in the moments. Being overly focused on success can prevent you from experiencing the joy of the process. Learn how you can strike a balance between being purpose driven and utilizing aimlessness to your advantage in this Coaching Through Stories podcast episode with Dr. Eric Bean.
- A clear purpose can drive us when we lack motivation and feel aimless.
- The value of aimlessness and how to consciously create it.
- A clear purpose can drive us when we lack motivation and feel aimless
- [00:07] Dr. Eric Bean
- [00:40] How to be aimless?
- [01:20] Dr. Eric Bean’s Mental performance coaching
- [01:54] Definition of aimlessness and what it generates
- [02:49] Generating a mission statement
- [03:31] Viktor Frankl
- [05:35] What is a shadow mission?
- [07:39] What causes you to be apathetic?
- [08:32] Discovering the purpose of life
- [12:50] Reflection about the short story Purpose of Life
- [15:08] Two paths to go down when you’re in a state of aimlessness
Help us grow by leaving a rating or review on Apple Podcast – here’s how
To learn more about how you can take your leadership to the next level, check out HigherEchelon service offerings: Resilient and Adaptable Leadership, Executive Coaching, and Change Management.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.