Subscribe to Belle Curve: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Belle Curve is brought to you by HigherEchelon, Inc. – find HigherEchelon at higherechelon.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Do You Tend to Overshare?
Ever wanted to kick yourself after “oversharing” something online or in a conversation that you really just wished you’d kept to yourself? How do you handle it when someone overshares something to you that you wish you hadn’t been told? We have all overshared or been the recipient of an overshare.
What prompts us to overshare? For many of us, it may come from a place of desiring to be authentic and share our stories. This can be a good thing when the right balance is struck and the context is right. So what is the difference between being authentic and oversharing in ways that may harm you or others?
This show dives into the reasons why oversharing happens and how it differs from authenticity. We also discuss strategies for growth when you realize you have overshared and how to handle chronic oversharing from others in your life.
- “5 Reasons We Tell People More Than We Should”-Psychology Today
- “How To Stop Oversharing”-SocialProNow
- “Why We Overshare Online”-Psychology Today
- “There Is A Clear Line Between Oversharing And Being Authentic — Here’s How To Avoid Crossing It”-Forbes
- “How to Set Boundaries in the Age of Oversharing”-Psychology Today
- HigherEchelon, Inc. is a consulting firm providing Human Capital Services including executive coaching and training in leadership, resilience, adaptability, applied high performance, change management, and a range of mental, emotional, and psychological skillsets meant to optimize organizational performance. The organization also provides a range of technology services such as Salesforce Implementations and Consulting, Enterprise Technology solutions, Gaming and Simulation services, and Cyber and Engineering Services.
- HigherEchelon on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Listen to Belle Curve on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever you download podcasts and leave us a review!
Belle Curve Podcast is sponsored by HigherEchelon, Inc. and co-hosted by Rachel Bryars, Mary Scott Hunter, and Liz Beshears