HigherEchelon provides cloud computing and enterprise technology services, with a focus on modernization and process efficiency.
HigherEchelon utilizes an agile framework with both technology and process lenses for implementation to enhance the business value of the enterprise platform. Enhancing business value begins with understanding the customer’s existing processes and the desired business goals. Through a process lens and with trained specialists, HigherEchelon seeks to gain a deep understanding of the customer’s objectives for the given application and potentially tangential applications or processes. Combining this business understanding with technology expertise enables HigherEchelon to recommend tailored solutions that provide value to the customer
Modernization includes “refactoring or consolidating legacy software programming to align it more closely with current business needs.” HigherEchelon’s modernization approach is rooted in industry best practices for cloud-based enterprise information technology implementations, with a four-pronged approach:
- Deep understanding of the processes and value the application provides to the supported organization
- Total cost of application ownership and potential savings or efficiency gains through modernization
- Security considerations in the form of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as set out by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-37 and other applicable considerations
- Expert knowledge of the technology platform capabilities which provides confidence that the application processes can be effectively supported
For Army specific implementations, HigherEchelon’s modernization approach is also nested within the Army Application Migration Business Office (AAMBO) migration phases. We adhere to the guidelines set forth in the directive published in December 2016 by the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Army. The directive establishes an implementation plan for rationalization, modernization, and migration to close or consolidate data centers. HigherEchelon has the capability to advise and/or execute any of the six phases of the AAMBO migration process: Preliminary Assessment; System Identification and Engineering Analysis; Planning; Preparation and Transition; Cutover; and Quality Assurance.
Our enterprise service focus areas include:
- Cloud Migration
- Enterprise Applications
- Application Modernization and Re-Engineering
- Data Management (Database Administration)
- Application End-User Support Training
- Business Intelligence and Dashboards
- Predictive Analytics
If you are ready to modernize and streamline your enterprise and cloud computing technology services, then contact HigherEchelon.