Subscribe to Belle Curve: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
Belle Curve is brought to you by HigherEchelon, Inc. – find HigherEchelon at higherechelon.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
When you digest news, do you ever feel as if you are being experimented on, manipulated, told what to think? Know anyone, maybe even someone you love, who you think has changed, and not for the better, because of their news consumption? Do you ever feel like the media is deliberately making us feel angry, worried, anxious?
Episode 74 host Mary Scott Hunter calls out the media and leads a conversation about the way media can make us feel and why we must be intentional about what we allow into our hearts and minds.
In this episode, we discuss the pros and cons of media, how it has changed for better and worse, the tendency for there to always be an “enemy” and how damaging this is for productive dialogue and problem solving.
We also talk about our own methods for managing news consumption in ways that are efficient and informative and as devoid of opinion as possible. We offer some tips for mentally triaging the news.
- Clip from The Morning Show
- Wall Street Journal News Podcast “WSJ What’s News”
- The Sharon Says So Podcast
- Making Sense Podcast with Sam Harris
- Adam Grant TED Talk: How to stop languishing and start finding flow
- Adam Grant New Book: Think Again, The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know
- HigherEchelon, Inc. is a consulting firm providing Human Capital Services including executive coaching and training in leadership, resilience, adaptability, applied high performance, change management, and a range of mental, emotional, and psychological skillsets meant to optimize organizational performance. The organization also provides a range of technology services such as Salesforce Implementations and Consulting, Enterprise Technology solutions, Gaming and Simulation services, and Cyber and Engineering Services.
- HigherEchelon on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Listen to Belle Curve on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever you download podcasts and leave us a review!
Belle Curve Podcast is sponsored by HigherEchelon, Inc. and co-hosted by Rachel Bryars, Mary Scott Hunter, and Liz Beshears