Do You Invest in Growth?
It’s a new year and time to think intentionally about where you are and where you are headed. Do you spend time deliberately and intentionally planning for your personal or professional growth? If not, why not? Socrates is famous for saying, “The unexamined life if not worth living,” and yet — sometimes we neglect to examine ways our lives are floundering or headed off course because we are distracted, too busy to reflect, or even uninterested in what may feel like unproductive navel-gazing.
In this episode of Belle Curve podcast, we discuss why it is important to think about and strategically invest in growth. We also discuss 7 key components of growth:
- Managing change
- Choosing what to stop and start
- Seeking out and implementing feedback
- Being honest with yourself
- Understanding yourself
- Stepping into growth opportunities whether or not you feel courage and confidence
- The role of faith and community
- Change your relationship with change: Get comfortable being uncomfortable, Janet Sernack, BetterUp.com
- During-Kruger Effect: Why You Doubt Your Strengths, Jordan Lejuwaan, Highexistence.com
- Personality & Temperament: 16 Personalities.com
- HigherEchelon, Inc. is a consulting firm providing Human Capital Services including executive coaching and training in leadership, resilience, adaptability, applied high performance, change management, and a range of mental, emotional, and psychological skillsets meant to optimize organizational performance.
- HigherEchelon also provides a range of technology services such as Salesforce Implementations and Consulting, Enterprise Technology solutions, Gaming and Simulation services, and Cyber and Engineering Services.
- HigherEchelon on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Listen to Belle Curve on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever you download podcasts and leave us a review!
Fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you or your team are interested in expert strategic planning and goal-setting guidance — HigherEchelon’s team of executive coaches can bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
Belle Curve Podcast is sponsored by HigherEchelon, Inc. and co-hosted by Rachel Bryars, Mary Scott Hunter, and Liz Beshears