We may have grown used to skipping handshakes, meeting virtually, and a range of COVID-19 related new norms, but uncertainty still lingers as we navigate our roles, responsibilities, processes, and plans.
What are the mental and emotional skills we most need right now to thrive amidst current and coming challenges?
Dr. Joe Ross and Steven Spaulding of HigherEchelon recently appeared on Belle Curve Podcast to share stories, insights, and practical tools drawing upon their backgrounds in business, education, psychology, and the military.
In this episode they discuss:
- The mindsets and skills we most need right now to thrive as parents, spouses, co-workers, leaders, and human beings.
- The easy-to-do high performance skills we already have but don’t always use.
- Why sometimes the highest performers don’t seem that way at first.
- How to find “a way forward” during exceptionally hard times.
- The basic questions to ask if you want to grow your capacity.
- What you can do as a parent to influence your children’s future mindsets.
- The greatest way to impact others and your environment.
- The three ways organizations reacted to COVID-19 and why some thrived.
- How gratitude, appreciation, and showing care impacts performance.
- The ONE quality that separates the good from the great.
Belle Curve Podcast is co-hosted and produced by HigherEchelon’s Director of Marketing & Communications Rachel Bryars.
For more insights and secrets about human performance psychology and how that works in organizations and in life:
— Listen to HE’s podcast “Coaching Through Stories” hosted by HigherEchelon Executive Coach Dr. Eric Bean.