Have you ever opened your closet only to have a comedic shower of shoe boxes or purses rain down? Or shuffled through your desk looking for a particular Very Important Paper? Or raided the pantry looking for a last-minute meal, only to realize your stock is full of expired tuna cans and condiments you bought from T.J. Maxx but never found a use for?
We’ve probably all been there before. For Liz, her desk, bedside table, and dresser are landmines. They seem to become catchall piles that build and build until they overwhelm her.
In this episode of Belle Curve, we talk to Kati Wadsworth. Kati is a Professional Organizer and owner of Custom Organization, LLC. She started Custom Organization, LLC because she has a real passion for organizing and felt that it was her calling to help others organize their lives. She can help you organize everything from your cluttered closet to your gross garage. While her degree is in business, she has been running Custom Organization LLC since 2012 and is now a Golden Circle member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals.
We found Kati via an article in AAA Magazine.
In this episode we discuss:
- How people think they need tools, but really need systems
- Some of the ways physical clutter and mental clutter are intertwined
- How Kati helps her clients make sense of their messes and while honoring mementos that could become clutter
- Kati’s favorite spaces to organize
- What rooms you should attack first
- Tidy Desk or Messy Desk? Each Has Its Benefits — Association for Psychological Science
- HigherEchelon, Inc. is a consulting firm providing Human Capital Services including executive coaching and training in leadership, resilience, adaptability, applied high performance, change management, and a range of mental, emotional, and psychological skillsets meant to optimize organizational performance. The organization also provides a range of technology services such as Salesforce implementations and consulting, Enterprise Technology solutions, Gaming and Simulation services, and Cyber and Engineering Services.
- HigherEchelon on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Listen to Belle Curve on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever you download podcasts and leave us a review!
Belle Curve Podcast is sponsored by HigherEchelon, Inc. and co-hosted by HigherEchelon Director of Marketing & Communications Rachel Bryars.