With the terrible human impact COVID has wreaked, we expect many may not think of 2020 as a positive year. We certainly wish the world had never been inflicted with the pandemic. Even so, we challenged ourselves to answer the question, “Has the pandemic prompted any positive outcomes in our lives?” The truth is, there are some positives, and we hope you too will challenge yourself to think about the positives in 2020 as we move into a better 2021. It’s a good exercise and a mindset gift you can give yourself to think about what has been good in your life in 2020. Journal your thoughts and return to them the next time you encounter adversity and hardship.
Some Pandemic Positives Discussed:
COVID caused a slowdown and allowed more of some things such as: sleep, family togetherness, and time.
COVID drove some of us to tackle the household to-do list and projects that might have stayed on the list FOREVER.
COVID sent us outside for our activities.
COVID gave us an opportunity to do things that were hard and made us proud.
COVID made hold-out employers finally accept telework as viable, which benefits many people such as working parents.
COVID threatened our health, and we made some health changes in response.
- Liz likes Erin Moon’s Popcast Podcast
- Liz started using Hello Fresh during the pandemic
- HigherEchelon, Inc. is a consulting firm providing Human Capital Services including executive coaching and training in leadership, resilience, adaptability, applied high performance, change management, and a range of mental, emotional, and psychological skillsets meant to optimize organizational performance. The organization also provides a range of technology services such as Salesforce implementations and consulting, Enterprise Technology solutions, Gaming and Simulation services, and Cyber and Engineering Services.
- HigherEchelon on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Listen to Belle Curve on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever you download podcasts and leave us a review!
- Subscribe to Belle Curve: Apple Podcasts | Android
Belle Curve Podcast is sponsored by HigherEchelon, Inc. and co-hosted by HigherEchelon Director of Communication Rachel Bryars.